Sunday, April 3, 2011

March 31, 2011 - The Decision

Today I woke with a very strange thought - I have a 2 year old.  I have 2 sons, and my younger one turned 2 yesterday.  His name is Dylan and because his older brother liked calling him baby since he was born, we all started calling him Dyl-Baby.  But he is no longer a baby, but even more significantly, officially gone is the excuse that “I just had a baby.”  Let’s face it, that was probably gone 18 months ago, but I was holding on to it.

Over the last 2 years, my health - physical and mental - has been deteriorating.  Like with all vicious cycles, one bad move led to another which led to yet another, and here I am, weighing more than I did 10 months pregnant.

It’s truly a sad, and seemingly hopeless place to be.

Yet, I have been putting different things into place to start a new vicious cylce - this time one that will yield positive results.  I am on this journey for as long as it takes to get healthy and happy.

Here is what I have done so far:

1)  Sell my business - for me, it was a successful business, but too much of a distraction as I focused too much time and energy there, and not enough (ok, none at all) on myself
2)  Joined Crossfit - PUSH 511 Baltimore - for an intense, and I’m sure rewarding 6 months.  I’ve already lined up child care, so I’m ready to go.  No excuses!
3)  I’m having my first full body assessment on Saturday, April 2 - scary.......  but must be done
4)  I have begun the journey to work with a couple of doctors to address the medical issues that I’ve been having
5)  I will work with a nutritionist to help me overcome some of my “obstacles” of healthy eating
6)  Committed to writing about my journey at least weekly
7)  Committed to publicly sharing my goals and progress over this journey - no pressure, right?

My goals:

1)  Be good to myself and make time to get healthy
2)  Be a great mom, wife, sister, daughter, friend
3)  Limit unnecessary distractions that would keep me from goals 1-2
4)  Learn to and start eating well again
5)  Push my self physically beyond my perceived limits 5-6x per week
6)  Lose at least 70 pounds of fat - stretch goal 6 months; goal 8 months
7)  Do 1 unassissted pull up before 2011 is over

No comments:

Post a Comment