Sunday, April 3, 2011

April 3, 2011 - The Assessment

Yesterday I had my BOD POD test.  It is this space ship like machine that is able to, according to the research, accurately measure your body fat % within a 1% margin.  To be honest, I’m still a little bit in shock.  I knew how much I weighed, and dispite successfully managing to avoid a mirror for the last year, I am aware of what I look like.  However, even that knowledge did not prepare me for the fact that my body fat % is 47.  Now, I’ve never been a skinny minny.  I was pretty fit in HS, and varied in college, and had my highs and lows as an adult, but I can assure you, even at my fattest days, I still hovered around 30% which was bad enough.  47% is just beyond comprehension.

So, ladies and gentlemen, I suppose this is my rock bottom and things can only improve from here.

I go for my first orientation at Baltimore’s Crossfit gym - Push 511 - and I am scared out of my  mind, but really looking forward to it.

I’ve also decided, that my first step in my nutrition plan is to eliminate simple sugars from my diet at least 5 days a week to start.  For me, at least right now, I don’t know that it’s realistic to go without a desert for a full week.  

I’m still letting it all sink in, but realize this journey is not only necessary for my happiness, and self-confidence, but really and truly for my health.  I knew that, but now the point has been hammered in.

No comments:

Post a Comment